quinta-feira, 7 de março de 2013

Mr. Jesse Ward


This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas  [Review]


Ebook, 448 pages
Published October 20th 2012
Edition language English

Synopsis

Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr. Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries.
Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming effect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?

Review

I finished this book not knowing what to say, since I started the first chapter, this man had me pulling my hair out and cursing a lot, I guess this is when Jesse tells me to watch my mouth ;)
Jesse is the personified alpha male, controlling, addictive, intense, sexy, hot, amusing, infuriating, bastard, asshole, romantic, possessive, idiot, SEX GOD, I could go on and on about him and after all of this, I would still love this character.

Ava is herself an alpha female, she`s a strong, stubborn, charismatic, assertive, professional, intense, hardworking, amazing women. But she stumbles and retreats to her child ways when she´s confronted with Jesse`s demeanor. And let’s be honest here, who wouldn`t? Ok the girl is a mess when he gets all crazy, but so every other woman that would encounter a man like this.

Everything wrong about him is what makes him so lovable. And it’s what made me pull my hairs, curse and just sigh the entire time. It got to the point, I had my parents at my bedroom door asking me what was wrong :D let just say this was a bit too intense ( or a lot ).

Both characters and me particular, will need some therapy to recover from this J for me is reading the other book, for them well, loads of sex and perhaps some talking ;)

I don’t know where to start with Jesse… In the end I got why he was the way he was, he never had a relationship, or a feeling like that driving through him and it made him CRAZY AS HELL.
 All the times he was uncontrollable, unreasonable, just angry to his core, jealous of her (even do she didn`t see it), worried (…) I knew it had to be a reason. Since the start I could tell that The Manor wasn´t just a hotel, and the Lord behind it had some sort of dead wish. He is careless, not with her of course, just with himself. And completely terrified with the mire tough of her leaving him, she`s the support and the reason to live he never had. But he has completely gone overboard.

I could say a bunch of things about him and all the situations trough out the book that made me insane ( and there are a lot of them ), but I wouldn´t be true to myself if I said I didn´t enjoy every minute of them :D Ok it was infuriating for Ava and if I was on her shoes it would have been for me, but that’s what made this AMAZING story even more incredible.

Ava's reaction was just hilarious, the girl was one step closer to being committed to a hospital. She was amazing, and she tried, Oh god she tried, to maintain some sort of normal behavior and don’t let him control everything, but she failed miserable. I can say that I wouldn’t control myself the way she did, she had a few moments when the power was on her side and she managed to assert herself and be in control :P but let’s face it Jesse´s eyes, mouth, body and soul where enough to make her crack. There´s no way in hell she could say no to that damn man, he's just delicious (there’s a huge grin on my face I can’t control it).

I don’t think I need to talk about Sarah or Matt (secondary characters), this book is clearly an introduction to, Jesse and Ava, and how they manage that first weeks of getting to know each other and see how they react to some situations. I guess Ava lost :D Jesse didn´t give out much about himself, he´s still a mystery. That scar, the age thing ( I won’t even start on that, I don’t care about his age, but DAMN come on just give us the damn number), the fact that he knew she loved him, and that’s the thing about her saying it, ok she was drunk but he heard damn well. Even after that, and especially after that, caring Jesse rushed to the surface, even mixed on all the craziness he would give her those absolutely perfect moments of pure romance ( with a lot of senseless fucking afterwards but nonetheless he gave her those moments). So why in hell wouldn`t he just tell her how he felt?

He was scared about the Manor issue, he didn’t know how she would react to that, but even so, JUST TELL HER. You don’t want her to leave but continue to tell her both of you are just fucking, and then make her confuse and crazy when you blurt out that she belongs to you, that you can’t leave without her and that you love everything about her. EXCEPT TELL HER ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT YOU LOVE HER.

This guy was just infuriating (this is the part where I should say I hate him but guess what)
 I LOVED EVERY PART OF HIM.
And the different types of fucking :D God who knew about this? I didn`t, ok we usually have lovely fucking, angry fucking and making up fucking but those other kinds. Hum I most definitely love sleepy fucking :D and senseless fucking OH OH and of course those Remembers hum I am sure as hell would make him mad every day to have those :P
Overall I COMPLETELY ADORED this book.

Bem meninas, espero que tenham gostado da apresentação do Mr. Ward. Ele é excepcionalmente caliente, se adorarem drama, intensidade e acima de tudo uma linda história de amor, o Jesse é o escolhido.
Espero não ter desiludido, porque esta autora mereçe todo o reconhecimento possivel. Ela é realmente extraordinaria e criou um livro :O, de todas as emoções que vão sentir ao longo do livro a mais importante que vai ficar ( isto se tiverem estomago para o Mr. Ward e acreditem que precisam), é um desejo incontrolável de ler a sequela.

See you next week ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário